Passwords can be one of the most frustrating things when you’re managing a team or even your household.
If you’re still using a spreadsheet or emailing your passwords back and forth, or just need a better system for managing passwords, then this is what you need to know.
The Tool I Use To Manage My Passwords
In order to manage passwords seamlessly and intuitively, I use an app called Lastpass.
You can get it as an extension on chrome and also as an app on your phone.
So every time I go to a website, 3 little dots pop up and I can choose my password.
It even prompts me every time I create a new password somewhere and asks if I want to save it.
If you run a business, this password manager is going to save you a lot of headaches.
- You can use their team version and centrally manage all of your passwords without having email passwords back and forth.
- You can also remove/manage team members who have access as well as share passwords that you need with clients or vice versa.
- You can even restrict the ability of people to change passwords and only have read-only access.
A lot of tech companies make money on extra users, however, for a small business, extra user seats on every tech tool can add up. I find it’s cheaper and simpler to just have a team subscription on LastPass and control who on your team should see what.
There is a free version that you can trial – here’s the link.
I even find Lastpass great for managing family passwords – they have a family account which is one simple cost per year and you can add up to 6 members to your family. Then, you can create shared folders in there or keep your own personal passwords separate.
To learn more about LastPass, click here.
Products I mentioned in the video:
There are 3 ways you can engage with us:
1. Watch our Free training on how to streamline & automate your coaching business to run like a well-oiled machine at any scale (even if you hate tinkering with technology)
2. Download a Free copy of the Tech Toolkit used by high-ticket coaches to scale their business fast.
3. Book a Smartify Session. We’ll go through a game-plan that takes your business processes from clunky and disjointed to a well-oiled machine that enables you to scale to your 7 figure dreams.
Click here to Book a Smartify Session
More Tips You'll Like
Best Online Tool To Improve Your Writing
Using Grammarly To Improve Your Writing In the digital world, it’s really important to make your online writing clear and effective. This means no spelling errors, grammar mistakes and...
Find Out Where You’re Spending The Most Time In Your Business
How Are You Spending Time In Your Business? When you’re trying to scale a business, it’s important to know what activities you’re spending your time on. Time tracking allows you to make more...
How To Use Google Calendar To Plan Better Meetings
Create better meetings in Google Calendar I was listening to a podcast about how to make meetings NOT suck (it’s one from Freakanomics). One of the ways is to have an agenda and clear...
Lindsey is an Ontraport Certified Consultant and founder of Smartify My Biz. She’s a digital strategist devoted to transforming and streamlining businesses using marketing and sales automation. Her goal? More profit for your pocket plus a business that runs like a well-oiled machine.