“WHY am I doing this? Is this really adding value to my business or just wasting time?”
If you find this happening regularly in your business, here are a few priority management tips about to help you identify which projects to tackle BEFORE starting them.
- Keep an idea journal Write down all the ideas, opportunities and projects that come to mind, let it simmer for a week, THEN look back at it and decide if it still bears weight. Avoid throwing an incessant list of new projects at your team and hoping they will figure it out, because it will just cause stress and you’ll end up implementing projects that really don’t matter.
- Review your customer lifecycle and see if the project fits within your goals. If your goals are to increase customer retention, then your focus should be on the Fulfil and Delight stages. If the project does not align with that current goal, then don’t take it on and leave it for another quarter.
- Ask the question – Does this create a triple win for my business?
- Is it a win for the customers?
- Is it a win for my business?
- Is it a win for me and my team?If you can’t answer yes to ALL 3 of those questions, then don’t start it.
- Do a gut checkDon’t implement dumb ideas. Check in and see if this feels right to implement.
- De-risk the project
- Create a Minimum Viable Product – test!
- Get feedback before investing in it – Ask your audience! This is why it’s important to build a community of people so you can ask.
- Try shortcuts or any V1 of the product – Want to trial a new conference? Try it once on a small audience and learn from all the pain points
- Ask if you can make the worst-case scenario a win? – If the worst case scenario is that you wasted a lot of time and money, but you could turn all the content you generated through the process into something of value for your consumers, then YES, you’ve made the worst-case scenario a WIN!
Use this 5 point priority management checklist the next time you’re starting a new project and you’ll stop yourself from rushing into projects that will waste time and money.
Next Up: Once you’ve decided the projects you’re ready to take on, it’s time to set them up for success. Read more here.
There are 3 ways you can engage with us:
1. Watch our Free training on how to streamline & automate your coaching business to run like a well-oiled machine at any scale (even if you hate tinkering with technology)
2. Download a Free copy of the Tech Toolkit used by high-ticket coaches to scale their business fast.
3. Book a Smartify Session. We’ll go through a game-plan that takes your business processes from clunky and disjointed to a well-oiled machine that enables you to scale to your 7 figure dreams.
Click here to Book a Smartify Session
More Tips You'll Like
Best Online Tool To Improve Your Writing
Using Grammarly To Improve Your Writing In the digital world, it’s really important to make your online writing clear and effective. This means no spelling errors, grammar mistakes and...
Find Out Where You’re Spending The Most Time In Your Business
How Are You Spending Time In Your Business? When you’re trying to scale a business, it’s important to know what activities you’re spending your time on. Time tracking allows you to make more...
How To Use Google Calendar To Plan Better Meetings
Create better meetings in Google Calendar I was listening to a podcast about how to make meetings NOT suck (it’s one from Freakanomics). One of the ways is to have an agenda and clear...
Lindsey is an Ontraport Certified Consultant and founder of Smartify My Biz. She’s a digital strategist devoted to transforming and streamlining businesses using marketing and sales automation. Her goal? More profit for your pocket plus a business that runs like a well-oiled machine.