Google is one of the first places consumers look when beginning their research on a particular business – whether it’s coffee, food, beauty services, home services, consultant services, etc. For sole traders or start ups, there is a real power in Google reviews too.
Obviously reviews are quite important to help you stand out from the competition – both for service based and brick and mortar businesses.
If you have already have an email list, it’s quite easy to ask people to leave you a review. In fact, you can even give them a link that will lead them directly to where they can leave a Google review.
Here’s how to do it
2. Find your Place Id. (Instructions are here)
3. Type in your business name and locate it. Highlight the place ID
4. Copy this link and add the place ID after it – http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=
When people click the link, it will take them directly where they can leave a Google review.
If you don’t have an email list, but have a POS system like Square, you technically have your customer’s emails there. Just make sure they have opted in to receive marketing information. Never send unsolicited email!
The simplest marketing is word of mouth and having reviews on Google is a great place to start.
Once people begin to leave reviews, make sure to monitor them and reply back so they know you received it.
You will be able to manage it directly in your My Business account.
Create action from insight.
- Download my free email template above
- Gather a list of clients you can contact
- Email them and ask for a review!
There are 3 ways you can engage with us:
1. Subscribe to our Tech Tips and get them directly in your inbox so you never miss a video or tip from us.
2. Download a Free copy of the Tech Toolkit used by high-ticket coaches to scale their business fast.
3. Book a Smartify Session. We’ll go through a game-plan that takes your business processes from clunky and disjointed to a well-oiled machine that enables you to scale to your 7 figure dreams.
Click here to Book a Smartify Session
More Tips You'll Like
Using Grammarly To Improve Your Writing In the digital world, it’s really important to make your online writing clear and effective. This means no spelling errors, grammar mistakes and...
How Are You Spending Time In Your Business? When you’re trying to scale a business, it’s important to know what activities you’re spending your time on. Time tracking allows you to make more...
Create better meetings in Google Calendar I was listening to a podcast about how to make meetings NOT suck (it’s one from Freakanomics). One of the ways is to have an agenda and clear...
Lindsey is an Ontraport Certified Consultant and founder of Smartify My Biz. She’s a digital strategist devoted to transforming and streamlining businesses using marketing and sales automation. Her goal? More profit for your pocket plus a business that runs like a well-oiled machine.