A list of some handy apps to help you organize your digital life.
- Quicksilver – This is a launcher utility app for Mac OS X that gives you the ability to perform common, everyday tasks rapidly and without thought. After installing this app, you’ll never have to have your computer desktop cluttered with icons again.
- OneTab – An extension for Google Chrome and Firefox that converts all of your open browser tabs into a list. Remove clutter and free up more computer memory.
- Adblock Plus – This is my fave! It’s an extension that blocks those annoying ads from your web browser. It’s free too 🙂
- Bartender – Organize your menu bar apps in Mac.
- Readability – turns any web page into a clean view for reading on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. This is a great way to remove all of those annoying ads that show up on popular websites when you are trying to read an article.
- News Feed Eradicator for Facebook – Facebook addicts listen up! This Chrome extension will replace your Facebook news feed with an inspiring quote instead.
- Freedom – An app for Mac that allows you to lock yourself away from the Internet. Productivity here we come!
- SelfControl – Another app for Mac. It lets you block your access to sites and mail servers for a set amount of time.
- StayFocusd – An extension for Chrome that allows you to restrict the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.
- Forest – Stay focused, be present. This is a clever way to stay off your phone when you should be working. The app lets you plant a digital tree whenever you want to focus. The tree will then grow during the next 30 minutes, but if you leave the app, the tree will die. Stay committed and you’ll plant a forest.
Related Content: The Secret To Managing A Team In 3 Corners Of The World
Do you have any other apps you use to help you stay focused and avoid digital clutter? Tell me in the comments below!
Latest posts by Lindsey Weissert (see all)
- Gmail for Business: Look Professional With This 6-Point Setup Checklist - March 15, 2017
- How to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts – A Guide for Bloggers, Coaches and Entrepreneurs - November 9, 2016
- Measuring Your Campaigns – Using the URL Builder To Track Campaigns in Google Analytics - October 27, 2016