- A routine is important. Find your natural rhythm and stick to it. If you’re a creative person in the morning, spend that time doing your creative work rather than having meetings and vice versa. Also, get up at the same time every day and make sure to take a lunch break!
- Human interaction is important. I meet my team every day, even if it’s for 10 minutes and just to say hi. This actually improves our mental and social wellbeing and reminds us that we’re here for each other, even in our personal lives.
- You have more time! I have more time for myself since there’s no commute. I do my best work in a span of 3 hours a day. Then I leave 2-3 hours for meetings with clients or my team. So that leaves an extra 3 hours for creative work, upskilling or doing yoga / exercise.
- Get out and network – even if it’s through Zoom! It’s easy to let this slide, but conferences, webinars and meetups are really important for your growth! You never know who you’re going to meet. Pick wisely though – don’t waste your time at a conference that is completely out of your niche.
- Good writing skills are crucial. The amount of miscommunication that happens on a daily basis can easily be avoided if you pause to learn a few crucial writing skills. Writing and speaking are two completely different skill sets and if you’re working remotely, you’re most like doing more of the former. My favourite tool to check everything I write (blogs, emails, presentations, etc) is Grammarly.
- Be respectful with the interoffice chat (ie Slack) – Rather than bombard your colleague with a million messages, take a moment to gather your thoughts and write one clear and concise statement (your colleagues will thank you).
Do you have any takeaways from working remotely? Tell me in the comments below!
There are 3 ways you can engage with us:
1. Subscribe to our Tech Tips and get them directly in your inbox so you never miss a video or tip from us.
2. Download a Free copy of the Tech Toolkit used by high-ticket coaches to scale their business fast.
3. Book a Smartify Session. We’ll go through a game-plan that takes your business processes from clunky and disjointed to a well-oiled machine that enables you to scale to your 7 figure dreams.
Click here to Book a Smartify Session
More Tips You'll Like
Using Grammarly To Improve Your Writing In the digital world, it’s really important to make your online writing clear and effective. This means no spelling errors, grammar mistakes and...
How Are You Spending Time In Your Business? When you’re trying to scale a business, it’s important to know what activities you’re spending your time on. Time tracking allows you to make more...
Create better meetings in Google Calendar I was listening to a podcast about how to make meetings NOT suck (it’s one from Freakanomics). One of the ways is to have an agenda and clear...
Lindsey is an Ontraport Certified Consultant and founder of Smartify My Biz. She’s a digital strategist devoted to transforming and streamlining businesses using marketing and sales automation. Her goal? More profit for your pocket plus a business that runs like a well-oiled machine.